Miyawaki Training Module
We can train Miyawaki Method 2 ways
Objective of the training is to help the participants learn the Miyawaki method by understanding:
- Standard Operating Procedures (through documents and photographs)
- The journey of Forestcreators (our expertise, experiences and challenges)
Terms and conditions:
- This training is offered selectively, based on a ‘Statement of Intent’ submitted to Forestcreators by people who are interested, followed by a phone/skype call. The selection will be based on background (personal and professional) of participants and scope of practical application of the training.
- Preference will be given to individuals with little or no experience in similar work, and/or owners of very small land areas (100-200 square meters) waiting to be afforested.
- Number of trainings offered per month are limited to 4/5.
- The training is not offered to large corporations or groups.
- Video based high speed internet essential.
- The training will have limited scope for outdoor/field work and is more theory based.
- Depending on the needs of the participant(s), the trainer(s) will either keep the module generic or site specific (via video conferencing or con call basis).
- The training is an interactive, conversation based collaborative exercise between the trainer(s) and the participant(s).
- The Miyawaki method challenges most conventional schools of thought on plantation and afforestation, hence participants are required to be extremely open minded.
- Forestcreators’s scope of work here is limited to remote guidance only.
Flow of information that will be shared during training:
- Introduction to the Miyawaki method; its advantages and achievements
- Sequence of Activities
- Preparations – Pre Forest Creation on site activities
- Understanding Soil and Amendments
- Species selection
- Organic Material mix(consumable and non consumable)
- How to prepare the Soil
- Forest creation (final execution)
- Maintenance and Monitoring
- Final wrap up Addressing key questions
Cost of Training:
- We are here to make the world a better place for our future generations. Online training is complimentary.
- If interested, send us your brief profile and a ‘Statement of Intent’ (150-200 words) on plant@Forestcreators.com Mention ‘Online Training’ in the subject line.
Invite an Forest creators representative who will stay with you on-site and help you create the demo patch.
How will this help you?
- You will practically implement everything .
- This first forest patch will be your “proof of concept” and could become the showcase project that helps you find more potential sites and opportunities to create more such forests.
- Identify improvement for future projects, for e.g., most suitable species, input costs, local suppliers and feasibility.
- Utilize practical knowledge and expertise of the Forestcreators representative present with you on-site.
- If the demo forest is being created in a region/city where Forestcreators has worked before, then you will get access to the available species lists, research/documentation done and supplier contacts.
Terms and Conditions:
- You should have a piece of land – 100 square meters readily available
- Minimum requirements – running water, fencing, exposure to sunlight and maintenance staff for watering and deweeding.
- Only the trainee(s) should be present on-site. Additional people present will only include the manpower involved.
- There will be no deviation from the methodology
- The species research and soil analysis is to be done by the trainee , with limited assistance from Forestcreators.
- The final approval to on-site demo is subject to how well prepared the trainees are, in terms of, site-readiness, material, manpower and machine availability. The preparations will be vetted by Forestcreators before giving their approval to helping with the demo. This will be done over phone and email.
- Forestcreators’s involvement will be limited only to guidance and knowledge sharing. Actual creation of the demo patch will be supervised and led by the trainee under the supervision of Forestcreators.
- The entire duration i.e. 2 days will be focused on creating a perfect 100 square meter forest. No presentations, workshops, talks or sessions will be a part of demo forest creation.
- Return airfare, local travel and accommodation is to be arranged by the trainee.
- 100% fee is to be paid as advance.
- 2 days
- Donation of 500 trees, which forest creators will be free to plant at their own choice of project for which the payment has to be done online & Donor will enjoy 80G benefits for the same.
Our mission is to bring back our lost forests, we do it by creating them using Miyawaki Method.
Enviro Creators Foundation
118, High Tech Industrial Centre, Caves Road, Jogeshwari (E), Mumbai 400 060, India
+91 98200 35036